Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spamalot

The other day, Judy and I went down to Galveston to the 1894 Grand Opera House to see a touring company do Spamalot. I probably don't have to tell anyone much about it since I think everyone in the country has seen it at least once. Some have seen it a lot more often.

I like Monty Python, and I enjoy musicals, so I thought it was hilarious. The songs are funny, the characters are funny, the dialogue is funny, the sets are cool, and the actors in this company are really, really good. Not to mention that they all have excellent voices, particularly Caroline Bowman, the Lady of the Lake.

Here's the thing, though. Some people, notably Judy, my wife, don't get this kind of humor, and if they don't like musicals (Judy doesn't), then all this is going to be lost on them. Judy loves A Fish Called Wanda, yet she got nothing from Spamalot. Go figure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my significant other doesn’t get the Marx Brothers or Laurel and Hardy. I’ll never understand that.

But we both enjoyed “Spamalot”.

JTD

Unknown said...

Doesn't get the Marx Bros. or L&H? Yikes. Well, at least she likes Monty Python.

Cap'n Bob said...

I never saw Spamalot.