Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Crime Girl

Bayou City History: "The Roving Mike": All about "the crime girl": "'You know the song: 'A woman goes from man to man like a silver dollar goes from hand to hand.' I've been that kind of woman. I've gone from man to man, lower and lower every time.'

That's how young Lynnda Clark -- a jailed Houston carhop -- described her downward spiral in an August 1951 interview with the Houston Press."

A great title, and if you go to the link, you'll see a photo that looks like the cover of an old paperback. It's great. Trust me.

This site was recommended by the astute John Duke.


Deb said...

She reminds me of Barbara Graham of "I Want to Live"--played so memorably by Susan Hayward. Same sort of life and background.

Bill Crider said...

Let's hope her story had a better ending.