Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Harve Presnell, R. I. P.

The Associated Press: Actor Harve Presnell dies of cancer at 75: "Harve Presnell, whose booming baritone graced such Broadway musicals as 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' and 'Annie,' has died at age 75.

The actor died Tuesday of pancreatic cancer at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica, Calif., said Gregg Klein, Presnell's agent.

Although he was best known for his roles in musical theater, Presnell also is remembered as William H. Macy's father-in-law in the Coen brothers' 1996 film 'Fargo.'"

4 comments:

Seepy Benton said...

Not Harve Presnell! Now I'm really depressed! And why are all these actors and celebrities suddenly dying? In fact, since I still have my Actor's Equity Association card that I got in 1972, I'm even starting to get a little worried about me!

jj solari said...

Actors Equity cards are coated in SAG 1940, a chemical created by the Screen Actors Guild in, well, 1940. That's all I can tell you, being an SAG card holder myself.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Is there anyone left out there?

Fred Blosser said...

Another notable role: Dr. Isaac Howard in THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.