Monday, November 19, 2007

Cloverfield

• Hollywood Elsewhere •: "The Cloverfield 2 trailer (i.e., the one that preemed in theatres last weekend in front of Beowulf) is up. Great stuff. No monster glimpses -- just the old throaty Godzilla roar, lots of herky-jerky photography, lots of running around Manhattan. Helicopters, subway tunnels, walls collapsing...'what's that?'"

I saw this trailer. I thought it was the most annoying trailer I'd ever seen. It appeared to me that it was a deliberate attempt to drive people out of the theater. And keep off my damn lawn!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the trailer. You're right. It was an infuriating hurricane of cuttingroom paroxysms, and soap opera sound bites being hollered at 2,000 decibels. And no monster. Probably because you will never get to see it. Because it's one of those "blair witch" handheld "gonzo" things. God help us, this looks like a whole new level of movie torture.

Unknown said...

My sentiments exactly. Which probably proves what cretins we are.

Anonymous said...

It's a J. J. Abrams film, so you are simply expressing good taste.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear it. I thought maybe it was just me and gomer.

Anonymous said...

The trailer looks okay with no sound. Well, with AC/DC playing through my headphones.

Unknown said...

Anything would be an improvement.