Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Gator Update (Wisconsin Edition)

Thanks to Jeff Meyerson for the tip.

Surprised duck hunter shoots 11-kilogram alligator in Wisconsin river: "FARMINGTON, Wis. - Ed Long thought he was shooting at a snapping turtle, but got a surprise when he pulled his trophy from the Milwaukee River: a metre-long alligator.

Long had been in the river Saturday hunting for ducks. 'At first, I thought it was a turtle tail,' he said. 'The it turned and came back at me. I seen the eyes come out of the water, but my brain didn't click. This is Wisconsin. There's not supposed to be gators in Wisconsin.'"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard this story on the radio and thought it would make it's way here.

Unknown said...

I don't use all gator items, but when gators appear in Wisconsin, it's worth noting. They're everywhere!