Sunday, August 19, 2007

J. K. Rowling Update

Report: Harry Potter author working on Scottish crime novel - International Herald Tribune: "LONDON: Pen and notebook in hand in Edinburgh cafes, author J.K. Rowling has been spotted working on her latest work: a detective novel, a British newspaper reported Saturday.

The British author, who famously wrote initial drafts of her boy wizard story in the Scottish city's coffee houses, is turning her hand to crime fiction, the Sunday Times newspaper reported."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that J K Rowling is penning down her new detective novel. The news got me excited and I can’t wait to lay my hands on her new book. I know it’s going to be a long wait, but I’m sure those who have read and cherished Harry Potter know how to wait patiently.
There’s no denying the fact the Rowling is a great story-teller. She breathed life into Harry Potter and made him a household name. It won’t be easy for her to save herself from the critic’s acid tongue, especially after giving the world a marvel such as the Potter series.
But I am sure Rowling won’t disappoint her fans. Her style of writing is simple, lively and she spares her readers heavy-weight English words that require a dictionary interpretation.
However, if we want to enjoy Rowling as a writer, we’ll have to let go of her image as the creator of Harry Potter. We’ll have to learn to appreciate her writing irrespective of her previous work. I know it won’t be easy for fans to distance Harry’s character from Rowling’s writing abilities. But we must learn to appreciate a work on its own merit if we want to enjoy good, popular literature.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Unknown said...

My fingers are crossed, too.