Saturday, October 14, 2006

Listening to On-Line Music

Some people don't like to listen to music while at the computer. I do, so whenever I run across a new music site, I give it a try. I found The Oldies Superhighway through Lloyd Thaxton's blog. What? You don't have a clue as to who Lloyd Thaxton is? Then you're obviously much younger than I am. (These days it seems as if everybody's much younger than I am.) I'm listening to the "Doo-Wop Jukebox" on The Oldies Superhighway right now. Any site that starts off with Dion and the Belmonts singing "I Wonder Why" is a winner in my book. Check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found out about Lloyd Thaxton just a little before I picked up the Go-Go's second album, on which "Beaknik Beach" makes a reference to his LA local series...but his national prominence was short-lived, no? (which of the national shows was his, again?--oh, THE LLOYD THAXTON SHOW was nationally syndicated for a year or so, I see by my websearch).

Unknown said...

I think he might have had a show on ABC. I still remember a pantomime he did to "Mr. Tambourine Man."