Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not Quite the Holy Grail . . .


. . . but close. I've known of three Harry Whittington sleaze titles for nearly 30 years, but I've never been able to find them. Thanks to Lynn Munroe, I've now cut that number to two. I'd never even seen a copy of Nightmare Alibi by "Henry Whittier," but now I own one. There's another title under that name (or possibly "Henri Whittier") that I'm still looking for (Another Man's Claim), and one called The Mexican Connection by "Howard Winslow." There are probably many more under names I don't know, but it's better that I never find out about them since they'd be impossible to find, I'm sure.

5 comments:

Juri said...

Congratulations! The book seems mighty good, too!

Anonymous said...

When can we expect your review, Bill?

Unknown said...

Eventually.

Steve Paul said...

Hi Bill,

Are you still looking for ANOTHER MAN'S CLAIM or MEXICAN CONNECTION? I have both for trade. Might you have an extra of VIOLENT NIGHT or LUST DUPE?

Best wishes!!!

Steve Paul (steveoguy@yahoo.com)

Unknown said...

Steve, I recently obtained a copy of ANOTHER MAN'S CLAIM. Still don't have MEXICAN CONNECTION. Sadly, I have no dupes of any titles except a couple of common ones. Would be willing to buy MC, though if you're selling. My email is macavityabc@gmail.com