Monday, October 10, 2005

Crank Up the Lamborghini, Martha!

- Houston area drivers can soon hit the open road and speed down the track without getting a ticket.

There's a new 380 acre piece of land near Angleton that's a haven for people who want to see just what their cars can do. The black top is 2.4 miles long and has 16 turns.

...................................

If you want to drive on the ranch, it will cost you. Membership dues are $7,000 plus $150 in monthly fees. The track should be completed next month. The track is available to anyone with any type of car.

This track is about 20 miles from here. I guess I could drive my old Chevy S-10 truck (1991 model) done there and give it a workout, but the fee is just a little out of my price range. Not mentioned in the article is that you can get a "premium" membership for $15,000. That way, you don't have to pay the monthly fees. Sounds like a bargain to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, sounds like a bargain to me as well. My hubby would LOVE to belong to something like that. Hmmm, his birthday IS comming up.