Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New From Stark House

Charles WilliamsBack when I was writing the Gold Medal Corner for Steve Lewis' Mystery*File, I did a column on Charles Williams, one of my favorite paperback writers.  The first two books I discussed in the column are two of my favorites by Williams, River Girl and Nothing in her Way.  I can still remember walking into a used-book store in Austin long years ago and seeing River Girl right there in rack in front of the store.  What a treat that was, as I'd been looking for the book for quite some time.  I took it back home and read it right away, and I've read it a couple of times since.  I have two copies of it now, in case of emergency.

River Girl is still hard to find, and Nothing in her Way isn't easy, either.  Until now, that is.  The invaluable Stark House is publishing both books together in one volume, along with a long, insightful introduction by Rick Ollerman.  This gets my highest recommendation.

1 comment:

Rick Robinson said...

I'll buy it.