Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm Shocked -- Shocked!

Aquafina labels to spell out source - tap water | Health | Reuters: "NEW YORK (Reuters) - PepsiCo Inc. will spell out that its Aquafina bottled water is made with tap water, a concession to the growing environmental and political opposition to the bottled water industry.

According to Corporate Accountability International, a U.S. watchdog group, the world's No. 2 beverage company will include the words 'Public Water Source' on Aquafina labels.

'If this helps clarify the fact that the water originates from public sources, then it's a reasonable thing to do,' said Michelle Naughton, a Pepsi-Cola North America spokeswoman."

7 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I get perfectly good water from my kitchen tap and never buy bottled water. What fools these mortals be.

Anonymous said...

Where I live, tap water straight from the tap and tap water that's been filtered by reverse osmosis are VERY different things. You just can't drink the former (translate I can't), and the latter is a godsend. But it's best to have the filter at home and bypass all that bottling and trucking, and the godawful expense of buying it in a bottle.

Anonymous said...

Back when i was a kid, I drank tap water filled with fluorine from a old, rusty water fountain and I LIKED it.

mybillcrider said...

I've drunk tap water all my life, and look at me.

Okay, maybe that's not a recommendation.

Anonymous said...

The only time I drink bottled water is if we're out somewhere and can't get tap water.

I love it! The bottles all say "PWS" but no one knew they stood for Public Water Source, in other words...the tap.

mybillcrider said...

It was right there for all to see, though.

Cap'n Bob said...

I thought PWS stood for Pissy Water, Sucker.