Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Good Reason to Go to Oklahoma in a Couple of Years

Car buried in 1957 to be unearthed in '07: "TULSA, Okla. -- A Plymouth Belvedere that was buried in a concrete vault nearly 50 years ago as part of the state's golden anniversary celebration will be unearthed in 2007 as part of the Oklahoma centennial festivities.

The 1957 Belvedere is underground next to the Tulsa County Courthouse. Also buried with it were five gallons of gas and a case of beer.

Old news reports indicate the gas was buried in case internal combustion engines became obsolete by 2007 and no fuel was available. Other buried items include the contents of a woman's purse: 14 bobby pins, a lipstick, a pack of gum, tissues, a pack of cigarettes and matches and $2.43."


I love stuff like this, and I'd love to be there when that car's unearthed. I won't, but it would be fun to see.

3 comments:

MrFisher said...

I will!! I will!!

Well, Ok, I'm not Will, I'm MrFisher, and you can bet your boots I'll be there.

I'll let ya know, Partner, I plan on taking lots of pictures. Especially of the beer. Course I may need reminding again, you know next year.

p.s. I am a Moat buddy of Jeffs. (that sounds entirely too much like butt buddy, whoops)

mybillcrider said...

Be sure to send Jeff some pictures.

Anonymous said...

I actually broke into the vault last month and drank the beer. Sorry, everyone.

Victor Gischler
Skiatook, Oklahoma