Monday, September 26, 2005

Don Adams, R. I. P.


Would you believe he's only sleeping? I wish that were the case. But according to the news reports, Agent 86 has gone to that big Cone of Silence in the sky. As usual, hearing something like this makes me feel ancient, as I remember the show's premier well, and I remember Barbara Feldon, Agent 99, when she was rolling around on a tiger skin for Top Brass. I'm glad she, at least, is still around. The Get Smart DVD set was just about to be released, I think, and this surely would have brought Adams some well-deserved attention. First Maynard G. Krebs, and now Maxwell Smart. Another icon gone.

1 comment:

Jayme Lynn Blaschke said...

I always liked Laraby and Siegfried. Not to mention Jamie the Robot. But Schmart was always the one who held that show together.

"Would you believe... a movie called 'The Nude Bomb' could be rated PG?" Classic.