Friday, August 26, 2016

Lost TV -- The Della Reese Show

Decades Before Oprah, Della Reese was the First Black Woman to Host a Talk Show: The digital remains are down to two 10-minute clips on YouTube. One is an episode with singer Eric Burdon of the Animals; another is with comedian Lou Alexander. No other trace has surfaced of a show that sits as an entry in the Lost Media Wiki, a crowd-sourced compendium of history’s abandoned media artifacts. Its disappearance has inspired curiosity as to whether these episodes will emerge from obscurity, resulting in at least one man’s dogged efforts to recover the show’s full archive.

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Cool. I wrote about this recently on FaceBook, and last year on my blog: Della, the Kaiser Broadcasting Reese-hosted variety/chat series. 

I'll be looking at this!

Todd Mason said...

And, Thanks! This puts me onto a probable error I made...