Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Petraeus Affair -- Retro Movie Casting

If I were directing The Petraeus Affair back around 1959, I'd make it as a military farce.  Here's who I'd pick as my stars:

General David Petraeus:  Cary Grant

Holly Petraeus:  Kim Hunter

Paula Broadwell: Esther Williams (not a runner, but a swimmer's just as good, and we could have bathing suits)

General John Allen: Tony Curtis

Jill Kelley: Janet Leigh (looks great in a black wig)

Shirtless FBI Agent: Clint Walker (I think his Cheyenne contract called for him to remove his shirt at least once per episode)

Other suggestions?

6 comments:

Deb said...

Petraeus is too skinny for Cary Grant to play. Make it a black-and-white drama and go with Fritz Weaver as Petraeus.

Bud said...

Like your casting and the movie as a farce.

Film purists would yell and scream, but I would bet that current or near-future technological animation and speech enhancement capabilities will make such a movie possible. Of course how good such a movie would be would still depend on a good script!

Jerry House said...

I kinda like Paris Hilton as Holly Petraeas. And, of course, Denise Richards as the nuclear scientist.

Toby O'B said...

In my Lifetime movie of the week, it's Keith Carradine as Petraeus, Jane Curtin as Mrs. Petraeus, Terry O'Quinn as General Broadwell. Still not sure about Broadwell or Kelly.

Toby O'B said...

woops. that was meant to be General Allen. Can't tell the players without a scorecard.....

Cap'n Bob said...

I'd cast Harry Dean Stanton as Petraeus.