Friday, August 13, 2010

The Weird Book Room

Discover Literary Oddities in the Weird Book Room on AbeBooks: "Welcome to AbeBooks' Weird Book Room - heralded by the New York Times, Canada's Globe and Mail, The Times of London, and The Guardian (UK) as the finest source of everything that's bizarre, odd and downright weird in books. We now have 156 crazy and strange titles about every oddball aspect of life you could possibly imagine and a few things you couldn't possibly imagine."

Some great titles and covers!

7 comments:

George said...

There are some very weird books here! I wish I owned some of them.

Gerard said...

A cousin: http://awfullibrarybooks.wordpress.com/

I'll let it be known that those beer can collecting books are very interesting. How to Teach Physics to Your Dog has checked out 8 times in 6 months.

Gerard said...

While I am at it:

Twinkie Deconstructed 25 checkouts in 3.5 years.

Jerry House said...

At one time, I actually owned some of these.

Vince said...

I own a couple of these books myself. And I almost bought the Liberace fashion book when I was at his museum in Las Vegas earlier this summer. I kind of regret that I didn't.

Unknown said...

Now I'm picturing you in the outfit.

Dan said...

You call those "weird books"?

Thay can't compare to my child's picture book of Gounod's FAUST or the movie tie-in edition of OEDIPUS REX. And how 'bout theClassics Illustrated of CRIME & PUNISHMENT ?