Monday, August 16, 2010

Royal Blood -- Rhys Bowen

I haven't read this one yet because Judy grabbed it as soon as it came inside the house. So I asked her if she'd do a guest review. She said she doesn't do reviews, and she doesn't do computers, either. So I asked her if she'd just make a few comments and let me use those. She said that would be okay.

1. She loved the book.
2. She thought it was very funny.
3. She thought the mystery plot was good.
4. She liked all the characters, particularly the narrator, Lady Georgiana Rannoch, 34th in line to the throne.
4. She liked the setting (spooky castle in 1930s Transylvania)
5. She liked the writing style.
6. In short, she liked everything about the book.
7. This is the fourth book in the series, but she hadn't read any of the others and didn't find that a handicap at all.

So there you have it. Judy approves.

2 comments:

George said...

Judy's good opinion is good enough for me: I'm ordering it.

Anonymous said...

I've read a few of her earlier books in other series, so may try the first one of this series.

Jeff