Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Think I'll Pass

Yours for $1 million, maybe even less: J.D. Salinger's toilet - Books - NewsObserver.com: "It's almost as if 'The Catcher in the Rye' author J.D. Salinger saw this moment coming in 1953 when he retreated in growing distress about his own fame to small-town New Hampshire and became a notorious recluse.

Salinger's toilet, the ultimate symbol of privacy for a man notorious for defending his, is being auctioned on eBay.

A well-known memorabilia and collectibles dealer based in Kernersville who has stalked Salinger items for years is asking the standard eBay hey-look-at-this-bizarre-thing-I've-got price of $1 million but said he's open to reasonable offers."

Link via Neatorama.

4 comments:

Fred Zackel said...

Ah.

I just sent this to you.

Eleven hours later.

Ah.

Nevermind.

Max Allan Collins said...

Brilliant heading, Bill!

P.S. "Head"-ing? Get it? Hah?

Bill Crider said...

Got it!

Bill Crider said...

Which reminds me that my aunt used to ask me now and then, "Did you read about the cannibal who passed a missionary in the jungle?"