Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Think I'll Pass

Yours for $1 million, maybe even less: J.D. Salinger's toilet - Books - NewsObserver.com: "It's almost as if 'The Catcher in the Rye' author J.D. Salinger saw this moment coming in 1953 when he retreated in growing distress about his own fame to small-town New Hampshire and became a notorious recluse.

Salinger's toilet, the ultimate symbol of privacy for a man notorious for defending his, is being auctioned on eBay.

A well-known memorabilia and collectibles dealer based in Kernersville who has stalked Salinger items for years is asking the standard eBay hey-look-at-this-bizarre-thing-I've-got price of $1 million but said he's open to reasonable offers."

Link via Neatorama.

4 comments:

Fred Zackel said...

Ah.

I just sent this to you.

Eleven hours later.

Ah.

Nevermind.

Max Allan Collins said...

Brilliant heading, Bill!

P.S. "Head"-ing? Get it? Hah?

Unknown said...

Got it!

Unknown said...

Which reminds me that my aunt used to ask me now and then, "Did you read about the cannibal who passed a missionary in the jungle?"