Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bye Bye Baby -- Allan Guthrie

There's supposed to be a print edition of this novella in 2013, but if you don't want to wait, it's available in various e-formats here. I read it on my Kindle. It's a police procedural that goes in a direction you might not expect. I won't say too much about the plot except to mention that it involves a kidnapping, though there's never been a kidnapping quite like this one, at least not that I've ever heard about.

As a bonus, Guthrie includes the short story on which the novella is based. The two are very different, and it's interesting to see them and to think about how one led to the other.

I got the nice color cover from Guthrie's website, by the way. It doesn't look like that on the Kindle. Check it out.




4 comments:

Richard R. said...

Says e-grumpy Rick:

Of course it doesn't look like that on Kindle. It also doesn't look like a book, just an amalgamation of test on a little screen. Bah. Don't dress this stuff up, Bill, at least show what you really get when you buy into the ebook fad.

Richard R. said...

Uh, that should be "text on a little screen". Grr.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I could reproduce the e-book cover with my scanner.

Richard R. said...

Okay, fair enough. Might be interesting to try, but I can see the problem. It's probably a good thing I'm going away for a few days, next week, for a week, and let this publishing/e-book thing get out of my system.