Monday, February 01, 2010

Once Again, Texas Leads the Way

Beyonce makes history with six Grammys awards including song of the year for her hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" - 1/31/10 - Houston News - abc13.com: "Beyonce has set a record for the most wins by a female in one night at the Grammys as she won six awards, including best female pop performance and song of the year for her anthem 'Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It).'

Beyonce was Sunday night's top nominee with 10 nods. Her wins also included best contemporary R&B album for 'I Am ... Sasha Fierce.'

Beyonce had previously been tied for most wins by a female at a Grammys with Alison Krauss, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Amy Winehouse."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know (or dare I say, care) that Beyonce was from Texas.

The Grammys passed me by many years ago, I'm afraid.

And stay off my lawn!

Jeff

Stephen B said...

She shows talent, though I do hate that song.

And keep those kids offa my lawn!