Saturday, June 13, 2009

Updates

I'm in the land ov very slow dial-up and will be away from the computer most of the day, but I wanted to reprint a comment from JJH on the Victor Canning post.  Sounds like a worthy project to me.  Here's the comment:

Glad to see Victor Canning getting talked about again. He wrote some much better books than Doubled in Diamonds. Try Firecrest or Birdcage or The Finger of Saturn. I have reviews of all his books on my web site, www.victorcanning.com, and am trying to get as many as possible back in print in time for his centenary in 2011. 


2 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

Great news. After reading the original post from Bill, I went looking for some used copies. No Doubled in Diamonds, but a couple of the others were available. Now I have a place to read more reviews and make informed choices. Thanks!

George said...

I ordered THE MINERVA CLUB. I'll have to dig a few of Victor Cannings books out and read them. It's been years since I've read one. Tnanks for the link. I love it that Canning considered Proust and Joyce "vanity writing."