Friday, February 27, 2009

Stop This Man!

'Radioactive' sex offender on the run - Telegraph: "A judge has issued a warrant for the arrest of Thomas Leopold, a college principal, amid warnings from doctors that he is contaminated with a 'dangerous' level of radiation."

Didn't Peter Rabe write this novel around 1955?  My memory is dim with age, but it sure sounds familiar.  

Update: In a comment below, Sarah Weinman lets us know that Hard Case Crime will be reprinting Stop This Man! in August.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right. It was a Gold Medal Original that for some reason was marketed with a backwoodsy cover. I reviewed it a while back in HOUND. Great book. Rabe was an unsung genius and someone should sing him.

Unknown said...

Probably your review that triggered my memory. I agree about Rabe.

Sarah Weinman said...

And HCC is reissuing it in August!
http://hardcasecrime.com/books_bios.cgi?entry=bk58

Unknown said...

Thanks, Sarah. I didn't know that.