Monday, February 23, 2009

Further Proof (as if you needed it). . .

. . . that Robert Wagner's had a lot more interesting life than I have.

Being with Liz Taylor was like sticking an eggbeater in your brain ... Robert Wagner on his Hollywood conquests | Mail Online: "One night, I met the great actress Joan Crawford at a cocktail party and was surprised when she suggested I follow her back to her house. When we got there, she invited me for a swim, telling me there were some trunks down by the pool and I could help myself. I did so and got in the pool.

After a few minutes, Joan, who was 25 years older than me, came out of the house with nothing on, dived gracefully off the board, swam the length of the pool underwater and came up right between my legs.

'Hi there!' she said in her most vivacious voice. It was a lovely, creative invitation and I responded accordingly."

6 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Maybe he found it charming, but she always scared the heck out of me--even before Mommy Dearest or Aunt Jane.

Unknown said...

How about the others he mentions?

Anonymous said...

Always thought she looked like a man in drag. Not attractive at all.

Todd Mason said...

On balance, I don't envy him this set of interactions--doesn't even sound, on quck skim, like he had that much fun with them. Though I had thought the scuttlebutt about Stanwyck being at least primarily lesbian was probably true...guess not, however bi she might've been. Lots of long heads among the accompanying photos...he apparently had a Type.

Unknown said...

I'd heard the scuttlebutt about Stanwyck for years. Maybe it was all wrong.

Anonymous said...

Amazing man, Robert wagner: actor, lover, author, and he composed all those operas in German...