Saturday, January 17, 2009

16 Random Things about Me

Janet Rudolph tagged me with this, which I think I've already done for Facebook. So I'm reprinting that one here if I can find it. . . . Ah-ha! Here goes with 16 Random Things About Me (in which you discover how boring I really am):

1. I don't like cold weather.
2. I'm not that fond of hot weather, either.
3. My favorite soft drink is Dr Pepper.
4. If I drink a diet drink, I go for Pepsi One.
5. I have a large collection of paperback books.
6. I rent two large air-conditioned storage units for the overflow books.
7. I should be writing a book instead of doing this.
8. I got too much candy for Christmas.
9. I'll eat all the candy I got for Christmas.
10. I drive a Toyota.
11. I jog 6 days a week.
12. I jog veeeeerrrrrry slooooooooowly.
13. I love to read.
14. I love to write, but I think I like reading better.
15. I don't watch enough movies.
16. Unlike Janet, I've never met Janis Joplin, much less shared a slug of Southern Comfort with her. I did meet Bob Shane of the Kingston Trio backstage, though, and even sang along when the trio warmed up.

9 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

What I don't get is why I eat all the candy and my husband eats none. It might take me a few days, but I do it every time.

Todd Mason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd Mason said...

Executive summary of 48 things about Bill Crider, Patti Abbott and Prof. Abbott:

Bill and Patti like candy. Prof. Abbott does not.

Scott D. Parker said...

DP is my favorite drink, too: the REAL kind...with imperial cane sugar.

Unknown said...

Yes. It's nice to be able to get that again.

Todd Mason said...

Ah, you guys get the Caribbean stuff? Cool. I, of course, have to content myself with Diet Dr. Pepper. I already miss Pepsi Jazz.

Janet Rudolph said...

Well, I knew some of the things about you, but not that you could sing. That's an assumption since you joined in with the trio, but I could be wrong. The air conditioned storage units sound like a great idea. I use the Bodega Bay house for book storage,and I probably have about 10,000 books up there, sadly in boxes. Thanks for sharing your 16 random things.

Unknown said...

"Sing" isn't exactly what I do. I just try. Another thing you didn't know about me is that I "sing" in a barbershop chorus. I'm the only guy in it who can't actually sing, but I have fun.

Juri said...

I like the new Coca Cola Zero with green tea in it. I don't know, though, if it's available in the US. (We don't get vanilla or cherry Coke.)