Saturday, March 08, 2008

Long, Long Ago . . .

. . . before most of you were born, I read a book of short stories by Jack Finney. The title was The Third Level, and I still remember a number of the stories vividly. In fact, I bought another copy of the book several years ago and re-read some of them. Steve Steinbock, over at Criminal Brief, pointed me to this website, where you can read "The Third Level" and a bunch of other Finney Stories. If you've never read any of them, you're in for a real treat.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

The Third Level knocks me out every time I read it. And I will again. Thanks for the site. Didn't they make a movie of it?

Randy Johnson said...

I'll have to read some of them. Time and Again and The Body Snatchers are two novels I really enjoyed.

Todd Mason said...

Neither I nor IMDb is aware of a film of "The Third Level," Patti...but "The Love Letter," which has stuck with me for decades (though I thought it older than 1959 as the reprint site claims) was indifferently adapted for a HALLMARK HALL OF FAME a while back.