Monday, December 12, 2005

Happy Birthday, Connie Francis

Connie Francis is 67 years old today. I liked her music from the first time I heard "Who's Sorry Now?" and I've often wondered why she's not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Sure, she recorded mostly ballads, but the Platters are in the Hall, and virtually everything they recorded was a ballad. It's not as if Connie couldn't rock out, as she proved with songs like "Lipstick on Your Collar," "Stupid Cupid," and "Everybody's Somebody's Fool."





Connie Francis was also in a movie I liked a lot back in the very early 1960s. Paula Prentiss was my big crush, but Connie held her own and was very funny. After I saw the movie, I bought the paperback by Glendon Swarthout. I still have a copy around here somewhere.

3 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Is she still alive? I thought I read about her death a few years ago.

Cap'n Bob said...

Well, I checked around and there's no mention of her dying. Maybe I read she was committed to an institution again. She never was the same after that rape way back when. Poor girl. I liked some of her songs.

Anonymous said...

onnie Still does personal appearances and PBS rock specials. She also appears in the NY/NJ area including Trump Resorts.