Saturday, January 15, 2005

ET Visitors: Scientists See High Likelihood

Yahoo! News - ET Visitors: Scientists See High Likelihood: "Now a team of American scientists note that recent astrophysical discoveries suggest that we should find ourselves in the midst of one or more extraterrestrial civilizations. Moreover, they argue it is a mistake to reject all UFO reports since some evidence for the theoretically-predicted extraterrestrial visitors might just be found there."

This whole article is worth reading. I confess that I know less than nothing about wormholes and superstring theory, but I do think the possibility of extraterrestrial life is fascinating to contemplate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorman here--re your comments on being visited by extraterrestrials.Given that the most profound question ever asked is "Why are we born to suffer and die?" (authorship disputed, but probably French--f.u. Cheyney) I've always thought that the greatest expression of black humor would be that we really are alone in the universe. Only this nowhere planet with so many starving and dying in wars and battling over insane religions--and we're all there is. I don't say this pessimistically because I believe that the beauty of our species almost outweighs the ugliness. But what a terrible isolation that would be. I'm not much of a believer in UFO sightings but I've always felt that there must be something going on there. Something. Perhaps one dimension of existence we know anything about interescting briefly with our own dimension.