Monday, November 15, 2010

The Shadow Scholar

The Shadow Scholar - The Chronicle Review - The Chronicle of Higher Education: "You've never heard of me, but there's a good chance that you've read some of my work. I'm a hired gun, a doctor of everything, an academic mercenary. My customers are your students. I promise you that. Somebody in your classroom uses a service that you can't detect, that you can't defend against, that you may not even know exists.

I work at an online company that generates tens of thousands of dollars a month by creating original essays based on specific instructions provided by cheating students. I've worked there full time since 2004. On any day of the academic year, I am working on upward of 20 assignments."

3 comments:

George said...

Perhaps some of my students will make use of this guy (or someone like him). Their research papers are due next week!

Charles Gramlich said...

Enough to make me think about getting out of teaching.

Unknown said...

Pretty scary, all right.