Friday, August 19, 2011

Shamus Nominees

Best Hardcover P.I. Novel:

• No Mercy, by Lori Armstrong (Touchstone)

• The First Rule, by Robert Crais (Putnam)

• Voyeur, by Daniel Judson (Minotaur)

• If the Dead Rise Not, by Philip Kerr (Putnam)

• Naked Moon, by Domenic Stansberry (Minotaur)

Best First P.I. Novel:

• In Search of Mercy, by Michael Ayoob (Minotaur)

• One Man’s Paradise, by Douglas Corleone (Minotaur)

• Rogue Island, by Bruce DeSilva (Forge)

• Random Violence, by Jassy MacKenzie (Soho)

• City of Dragons, by Kelli Stanley (Minotaur)

Best Paperback Original P.I. Novel:

• Hostage Zero, by John Gilstrap (Kensington)

• Nightshade, by Tom Henighan (Dundurn Press)

• Mister X, by John Lutz (Pinnacle)

• The Panic Zone, by Rick Mofina (Mira)

• Asia Hand, by Christopher G. Moore (Grove/Atlantic)

• The Little Death, by P.J. Parrish (Pocket Star)

Best P.I. Short Story:

• “The God of Right and Wrong,” by Steven Gore (Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine, January/February 2010)

• “The Lamb Was Sure to Go,” by Gar Anthony Haywood (Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine, November 2010)

• “The Girl in the Golden Gown,” by Robert S. Levinson (Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, March/April 2010)

• “Phelan’s First Case.” by Lisa Sandlin (Lone Star Noir, edited by Bobby Byrd and Johnny Byrd; Akashic Books)

• “A Long Time Dead,” by Mickey Spillane and Max Allan Collins (The Strand Magazine, June-Sept. 2010)

No comments: