For those interested in the state of my health, here's the latest. After a long day of testing yesterday, I met with the doctor today. The test results were "mixed" and a little puzzling. The good news is that both the CT scan and the bone scan showed nice improvement, and most of my blood work was excellent. The bad news is that the one problem with the blood work was the PSA count, which has risen again. This is puzzling because in light of the test results, that shouldn't be the case.
Rather than start chemo immediately, the doctor wants to wait one week and do another blood test. If the PSA remains high, then I'll be boarding the chemo train. I can't see any reason why it won't remain high, and the doctor wasn't sanguine, either. At least I'm getting a week's reprieve, so I'm glad about that.