Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here are a few things I'm thankful for this year: 

Surviving a health crisis.  I had a health update post yesterday, so you can take a look at that if you haven't already.  There were a few days in July when I thought I was a goner.  I'm not, and I hope to be around for a while.  I'm thankful for that.   I have a distance to go, but so far, so good.

Angela, Allen, and Tom.  They came through for me big-time.  I couldn't have made it without them.

My sister, Francelle, and my brother, Bob: They came through, too, in big ways, and Bob even took over on the sale of Judy's parents' old house.  Closing was on Tuesday, and I didn't have to drive up for it because he stood in for me.  Now I have one less problem to worry about.

All of you who read this blog and a lot of others, too.  I never knew how many people were concerned for me and my well-being.  I was surprised and touched at the outpouring of good wishes, prayers, good vibes, and genuine caring.


Keanu, Li'l Ginger Tom, and Gilligan.  The three little kittens I pulled out of a ditch back in the spring.  They've sure livened things up around the house. They've gotten much bigger, too.  Much, much bigger.

20 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Thank you for sharing all this, including your thoughtful presentation of the bad as well as the good and the fuzzy. Do stick around and have some fun doing so. (Siblings and other family sure can help, and people online can be kind enough to almost too kind.)

Deb said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Bill! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here!

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Thank you for being in our lives and allowing us to be a small part of yours....

MimiandMona said...

Thank you for the updates.
I'm thankful for BEES and that we humans are more alike than we are not.
Have A Very Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Annette said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Bill. And to the VBKs too!

Jeff Meyerson said...

One of the main things to be thankful for this year is that your health is improving and the summer scare is well behind you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Mountain Jane Laurel said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your extended family. You're a good man and deserve only the best.

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Bill! It's good to hear that things have been looking up for you. And that the VBKs have been thriving so.

Cheers,
Jeff

Steph said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Bill.
You sure have some wonderful souls in your life.

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses said...


You're a special person to many more of us than you know. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to the VBKs - love you all to bits.

piggie zee said...

and you're good people, and deserve every bit of the good. rock on with the vbks and know you are loved,

Rick Robinson said...

Very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. May you have many more to come (and so say us all). The world would be a dim place without that Bill Crider smile. Enjoy your turkey day, you old rascal.

Julia Buckley said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so glad to hear that you and the VBKs will be around for a long time. And I just bought your new book!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Bill... and thank YOU for brightening so many days in this very difficult year with your VBK posts. You are an inspiration!

Robert Lopresti said...

Great news, Bill. We need ya. Not as much as the kitties, but still.

Cap'n Bob said...

Happy Thanksbuddy, old sock. Seeing the kitties every day is like having one of my own, and the best part is I don't have to feed them or clean the littler box.

Howard said...

Those darn cats are just too cute. You are a lucky man.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Bill, and thanks from the VBKs for your kindness. Love ya!
Billy & Jackie

James Reasoner said...

I hope it was a great Thanksgiving for everyone in the Crider household.

Unknown said...

Thank you for being such a fine person, I wish you all the best! Hugs from Italy!