Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Bouchercon Bound

It was about a month and a half ago that a doctor came into my hospital room and told me that they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me other than that I had an andenosarcoma of unknown origin.  At that moment, I didn't think I'd be going anywhere ever again.

But things have changed, and now my bag is packed and I'm about to head for the airport to fly to New Orleans and the Bouchercon.  I still can't quite believe I'm going to do it.  I think I can hold up for the five or six days I'll be there, but I might have to spend a lot of quality time in my room.  I'll just play it be ear.  I want to be able to do my panel on Thursday, and after that I'm not too worried about what might happen.  Angela and Tom will be looking after me. 

The usual regular posts should be appearing, along with a few others, so don't forget to stop by. 

I hope to see some of you in New Orleans.  Stop me and say "hey" if we pass in the halls.

10 comments:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I had hoped to be there, but that is not happening. Very glad you are going. Have fun!

Walker Martin said...

I hope you can report on some of the activities at Bouchercon. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Ben Boulden said...

Have fun Bill. I'm glad you're going to be there.

Brett Battles said...

Outstanding news. I wish I could be there. Have a great time!

Unknown said...

Have fun, Bill. I wish we were going too. Maybe next year?

Stephen Mertz said...

Wonderful! Be well & have big fun.

Jerry House said...

Good books, good food, and a chance to reconnect with old friends -- just what the doctor ordered!

Rick Robinson said...

Way to go, sir. There's no doubt you'll have a good time, and there will be former-APAns to keep an eye out for you as well as regale you with stories, and though there'll be no DAPA room, maybe you can huddle with some of the group. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Howard said...

I am so glad to hear this. You'll have a great time!

Elizabeth Foxwell said...

This is great news, Bill. You take care.