Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Happy birthday, Allen Crider!

I remember the day Allen was born, and today, a few years later, he's here with me for my visit to the oncologist at M. D. Anderson.  He's a little bigger now than he was in the picture, and I don't think he has any red jeans, but he's still got a killer smile (he needs to let us see it more often).  He's still smart and funny and always ready to help out when anybody needs him.  When he's not playing guitar with the Cornell Hurd Band, he's putting together CDs or taking care of his yard.  He got the lawn-care gene from Judy's mother, not from my side of the family.  I don't like yard work at all, but Allen has the neatest and greenest lawn in his Austin neighborhood.  Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky as to have two great kids like Allen and Angela.  I'm sure it was Judy's influence.  Thanks to her and them, I'm a lucky guy, all right.

4 comments:

Jerry House said...

The best legacy one can leave behind is one's children. You and Judy hit the jackpot. Happy Birthday, Allen!

George said...

When your kids show up when you need them, you did a great job in child-rearing! Give Allen our Best Happy Birthday wishes! And good luck with your appointment!

Rick Robinson said...

What they said. Happy Birthday to Allen, best of results to you.

Cap'n Bob said...

Good kids are a reward for a life well lived.

I just made that up.