Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Forever After: An Inspired Work -- William Murray

I'm confident when I say that you're not going to find another book like this for a while.  Maybe ever.  William Murray, the same author who's continued the adventures of Doc Savage and Tarzan and others now tackles the biggest subject of all: God.  The subtitle calls the book "an inspired work."  In a brief note at the end, Murray calls it "a channeled work."  What that might mean, I'll leave up to you, as Murray doesn't explain.

Trigger Warning: The main character here is God, so some might find the book blasphemous or at the very least a challenge to their beliefs. 

God awakens with no knowledge of who he is or what he can do.  He gains awareness, and creation begins.  Experiments.  Eventually mankind shows up and not just on one planet.  Naturally there are problems.  And Time.  There's another problem.  And all the while God is trying to answer the question of who or what he is.  

If you're looking for something completely different and have an interest in philosophical investigations, this might be just what you're looking for.


3 comments:

Don Coffin said...

Not, I discover, the William (Nelson) Murray who wrote the "Shifty Lou" Anderson books...

Tom Johnson said...

Will sent it to me for review. I read it, reviewed it, then talked with Will and we decided I wouldn't publish my review (lol). You're right, this is not for everyone. Well written, but not something I could recommend.

Rick Robinson said...

Seems completely out of character for Murray as I know him, which is only through his other published works.