Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Stark House Press Does It Again!


The Autumn Dead was the first book I ever read by Ed Gorman, and I was immediately hooked on the prose, the characters, and the plotting.  Gorman's books have never let me down in the years since then, and I highly recommend this double volume.  As is so often the case with Stark House books, the additional material included with the novels is worth the price of admission on its own.  A tremendous bargain.

STARK HOUSE PRESS: The Autumn Dead / The Night Remembers 978-1-933586-60-1 Two of Gorman’s best detective novels, the first one featuring Jack Dwyer, former-cop-turned-P.I., who tries to solve a mystery for a past love, and the second featuring Jack Walsh in a mystery which author Jeremiah Healy called “an extraordinary novel” and Kevin Burton Smith in Thrilling Detective sited as “his masterpiece.” New introductions by Rick Ollerman and Ben Boulden are included in this December 2014 release.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read THE NIGHT REMEMBERS but I don't see the other on my list. I will remedy that.

Jeff

George said...

I love STARK HOUSE books. I'm ordering this Right Now!