Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Cornell Hurd Band's New Release

As some of you may recall, my son, Allen, is part of the Cornell Hurd band and records their CDs.  The latest one is XX, and there's some info about it here.  The album has been reviewed in Country Music People, British print magazine, and I can't resist quoting a few lines from it:  By the second spin I realised that each of these songs - all originals by Hurd and/or Allen Crider - was already like an old friend. . . . the instrumental "When You Smile" is so strong melodically, at no point did I wish there were lyrics.  I should point out that the instrumental was written by Allen and that he plays lead guitar on it.  In fact, he plays lead guitar on just about every number on the CD, sings harmony, and plays rhythm guitar on a couple of cuts.  If you're ever in the mood for some great western swing music, get a copy of this one and settle back for 42 minutes of the good old stuff.

5 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

A real chip off the old block.

Unknown said...

A much better musician than the old man.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see yet again that talent (and looks) runs in the family.

Jeff



George said...

I'm ordering this right now. I remember when Allen and Angela were doing covers for MACAVITY.

Unknown said...

Jeff, he's more talented than I am, and better looking, too.

George, I remember those covers like it was yesterday. Or at most, last week.