Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Book Collection in One Click

Complete Set of James Bond First Editions by Ian FlemingA Book Collection in One Click by Richard Davies: Whether they are sets arranged by a publisher or a collection crafted by hand, there are some books that were always meant to be kept together. AbeBooks offers hundreds of these 'instant collections' – some covering a specific series of books, or a subject or genre, or the works of a certain author. It's usually taken years to put these collections together but you could buy one in seconds.

Or if you're George Kelley, you don't have to click. You just go to a library sale.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Flashman series looks very tempting (though I have nearly all of them in one edition or another). I think my friend Bob Adey has those Strand Library editions, though I don't know if he has all of them.

Yes, George does turn things up, doesn't he?


Jeff

Anonymous said...

Strand Magazine is what I meant to say.


Jeff

George said...

I think my book finds are a function of the number of places I search for books. It's just statistics.