Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Couple of Nice Things Happened at the Signing

At Murder by the Book this afternoon, a fan named Pat, who attended my first signing there 25 years ago, brought me 2 cartons of Dr Pepper made with real sugar and bottled in glass.  Along with a couple of other little things.  A real surprise and a fine treat.

And then I signed something I'd never signed before: a high school annual.  John Stover, who was a student at Corsicana High when I taught there in 1963-64 brought his Corsican for me to sign.  The photos of me were amazing.  I looked about 15.  Wow.  A long time gone.

If you couldn't be there but would still like to have a signed copy, just click the link above and you'll find the phone number.  Give 'em a call, and tell 'em I sent you.

4 comments:

George said...

DR. PEPPER made with Real Sugar and bottled in glass. Priceless!

Anonymous said...

We need you to reprint that yearbook picture.

Nice about the Dr Pepper. Now that's a fan!


Jeff

Unknown said...

No, you don't need to see the picture. Trust me.

Gerard said...

Very nice.