Saturday, October 22, 2011

Three Stooges FAQ -- David J. Hogan

This is a massive tome, nearly 400 pages of small print, that covers everything you could possibly want to know about the Three Stooges. Every short is examined, and at the end of the book there's a comprehensive filmography with each short (all 190 of them) rated with from 1 to 4 stars. There are lots of photos throughout, and there are occasional sidebars that give detailed info about various co-starts from the shorts.

I'm not a Three Stooges expert, but I loved the shorts when I was a kid, and I've seen some of them several times since. The book brings back a lot of memories. I don't know if there are any errors. It all sounds right to me, and if you're at all interested in the Stooges or film history, you really need this book. I can't imagine one that covers the boys in more detail. Highly recommended.

No comments: