Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Enid Schantz, R.I.P.

This news isn't unexpected, but it's still very sad.

Mystery Fanfare: Enid Schantz, R.I.P.: "The Mystery Community lost one of its special people this morning. Enid Schantz, bookseller, book publisher (Rue Morgue), convention organizer, reviewer and wonderful person, succumbed to cancer early this morning. Enid and her husband Tom Schantz have been involved in the mystery community since 1970. They were awarded the Raven in 2001 by Mystery Writers of America for their contributions to the genre. Enid will be missed by all."

4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Sad indeed.

Beth Groundwater said...

I will definitely miss Enid! Virtual hugs and prayers for comfort for her husband Tom.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard. She will be missed, I hope Tom is okay...

George said...

I remember getting to know Enid at the first BOUCHERCON in Toronto. Her book table was right across from mine. When things were slow, she'd come over and check out my books. Enid ended up buying a few. Very nice lady. It's sad that she's gone.