Friday, May 13, 2011

What Happened to the Blog?

I don't know. Blogger never feels it's necessary to explain or even to tell you when things will get back to normal. All I know is that now we're back on-line. The missing posts will supposedly be restored. I had scheduled my "Forgotten Books" post several days ago, along with the other usual features of the blog. They may well have disappeared forever. We'll just have to wait and see.

Some of you might have read that a couple of days ago Google made the big announcement about their new Chromebook. As soon as you turn it on, you're on-line. Nothing's stored on the computer's drive. It's all stored on Google's great servers. The Chromebook seems to be aimed at schools and businesses, many of whom must be thinking "no way" about now. Be without our date for 24 hours? Be unable to get to the term paper that's due tomorrow? Who's going to take the risk?

5 comments:

James Reasoner said...

My post from yesterday that disappeared and my Forgotten Books post that was scheduled for this morning were still listed on my "Edit Posts" page, so I just went to each of them and published them manually.

There's something screwy happening on Amazon, too. Hmmm . . . you don't think it has anything to do with the date today, do you?

mybillcrider said...

They've lost my scheduled posts, then.

Gerard Saylor said...

I always thought this "cloud" crap about documents was good for back-up. I did not want to trust work or personal info on a Google server before today.

Deb said...

Blogger has been acting up for a couple of weeks now. For a while, everytime I tried to post a comment on a Blogger-hosted blog, I'd get taken to a screen asking me to start my own blog (thanks, but no thanks). Finally, that seemed to be resolved; then, all this week, comments I've posted have appeared and disappeared. It's most disheartening because, as we all know, everything that disappeared was of absolute top calibre.

/No cloud for me.

mybillcrider said...

I'm glad you've been able to post here. I sure hope the comment with this week's winning lottery numbers didn't get lost.