Thursday, April 28, 2011

Work? What's That?

WTOP.com: "Feel like the office geezer? Age may be an asset at work, or no issue at all, according to an AP-LifeGoesStrong.com poll.

Nearly half of those born between 1946 and 1964 now work for a younger boss, and most report that they are older than most colleagues. But 61 percent of the baby boomers surveyed said their age is not an issue at work, while 25 percent called it an asset.

Only 14 percent classified getting older as a workplace liability."

1 comment:

Deb said...

(At last, Blogger isn't hi-jacking my comments. Hurray!)

I don't like to make gender-based generalizations, but I think it may be easier for a woman to work for a younger boss than it is for a man to do the same. My current boss is older than I am, but my previous boss was 22 years younger and we had a great working relationship. I'm not sure how many men would be happy working for someone that much younger.

Jus' sayin'.