Thursday, October 07, 2010

Terriers Update

My first impression of Terriers wasn't good, but I continued to watch. In my first comments, I said, "Maybe the second show will turn this stuff on its head. We'll see." Well, I continued to watch, and by golly, the show did turn some of that stuff on its head. Daniel Logue did destroy the rich and powerful and evil California real estate developer, but not in the way I'd expected. As it turns out, there are other forces even richer and more powerful and more evil. The show's gotten darker by the week, and I've pretty much developed a long-term commitment to it. Which pretty much guarantees it'll be canceled, dagnabbit.

7 comments:

Daniel J. Hale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel J. Hale said...

I've spent a lot of time in the beach communities of San Diego, so I was intrigued by the concept from the beginning. The first episode was entertaining, if not a bit fluff-y. Since then, though, it has gotten darker and much more interesting. I hope hope hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Anonymous said...

We quit after 2 1/2 weeks.

Too depressing. I can get that by reading the newspapers.

Jeff

MP said...

This is by far my favorite new show of the fall, this and "Lone Star", which is already gone. I know four other people who are already hooked on it. That's pretty good for a non-network show, and I take it as a hopeful sign. You have to listen carefully to catch it all, but some of the dialog is wonderfully funny.

Anonymous said...

Jackie called it a "not as good MEMPHIS BEAT."

Jeff

Randy Johnson said...

ount me in as hoping it hangs. Gotten better each week and just as I thought the first thread was over, something new is introduced.

Richard R. said...

Airedale? Cairn? Kerry Blue? Staffordshire?