Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Once Again, Texas Leads the Way

Mesquite ISD stands by decision to turn away girls whose homecoming dresses were deemed too revealing | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News: "When Bea Guffey's daughter called Saturday night, she thought the girl had been in a wreck.

'I could hear screaming and crying,' she said. 'My husband kept saying, 'Baby girl, calm down,' over and over.'

Sarah Guffey had been turned away from Mesquite High School's homecoming dance because the senior's dress didn't meet the dress code."

3 comments:

Benjie said...

It's always nice to see how concerned my alma mater is about dress codes--in my day it was boys' hair length. A few years prior to that the big argument was about girls wearing blue jeans (or not).

Benjie said...

BTW, I was also glad to note that this newsworthy item found airtime on the local St Louis station that I watch for news.

Unknown said...

Texas always makes news!