Monday, September 13, 2010

E. C. Tubb, R. I. P.

Edwin Charles Tubb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Edwin Charles Tubb (15 October 1919-10 September 2010) was a British writer of science fiction, fantasy and western novels. The author of over 140 novels and 230 short stories and novellas, Tubb is best known for The Dumarest Saga (US collective title: Dumarest of Terra) an epic science-fiction saga set in the far future. Michael Moorcock wrote 'His reputation for fast-moving and colourful SF writing is unmatched by anyone in Britain.'[1]"

4 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

Sad to hear this. I read some of the Dumarest books years back, as well as the tie-ins he did for Space: 1999 and the gregory Kern titles. I guess I need to dif out the Dumarests I have and see what I need to complete them. Though now that I think, they may be out of my range if I remember correctly(I think I checked a few years back)

George said...

I enjoyed reading all of E. C. Tubb's work under his name and all of his pseudonyms. The man was a true professional.

Charles Gramlich said...

I am very sorry to hear this. I've read a lot of Tubb, though by no means all, and I've always found them to be good or a bit better than that. He could sure write space opera like few others. I'm going to be depressed the rest of the day now. Sigh.

Ed Gorman said...

He was a clever old fashioned pulspter. I liked a lot of the Dumarest books especially.He also did a number of Ace stand alones that were mighty fine.