Monday, July 05, 2010

Monsters vs. Aliens

I really regret not having seen this movie in a theater showing it in 3-D. I could tell by watching the flat-screen version that the 3-D would have made it even better. Not that it's not a lot of fun even flattened. I got a huge kick out of it, maybe because I saw nearly every old monster movie referred to in it back in the days when those were the only kind of SF you could see in a theater.

The story's all right there in the title, and there's not much more to say except that the voice work is uniformly excellent, the laughs are plentiful, and the monsters are lovable. You'll know just about everything that's going to happen after the first five on ten minutes of the movie, but if you're like me, you won't care. Just watch it and have a good time.

2 comments:

Stephen B said...

PIXAR usually makes films I find finer than DREAMWORKS, but MONSTERS VS was terribly enjoyable and I found it a hoot. I tried in 3D when it was released, the 3D really worked and a DALLAS review had said that...

George said...

I loved this movie, too! I'm hoping a sequel is in the works.