Monday, February 22, 2010

Egad!

Superman's debut comic book issue sells for $1M - Yahoo! News: "A rare copy of the first comic book featuring Superman sold Monday for $1 million, smashing the previous record price for a comic book.

A 1938 edition of Action Comics No. 1, widely considered the Holy Grail of comic books, was sold from a private seller to a private buyer, neither of whom released their names. The issue features Superman lifting a car on its cover and originally cost 10 cents."

Hat tip to Doc Quatermass.

5 comments:

Dave Zeltserman said...

damn, I remember when I could have bought it for $10,000 (which was about $9,990 more than I had then!!)

Dan said...

Let's see: for a millian bucks, you get two (count'em) thousand-dollar-a-night call girls, every night for...

Anonymous said...

Dan's comment makes me wonder if Tiger Woods had a huge comic collection and, if so, whether comics are in keeping with the Buddhist faith?

- Lawrence

Cap'n Bob said...

Dave, I remember when I could have bought it for $600. I invested in eight tracks instead.

sheau said...

replica bags wholesale mumbai replica hermes bags a5v28e0d86 replica bags joy click to read w6i84x0p32 gucci replica handbags replica bags wholesale hong kong zeal replica bags click here for info r8k75m9i99 replica bags dubai