Monday, December 07, 2009

Once Again, Texas Leads the Way

Even better than Badge 714?

HPD officer's '666' badge scares the devil out of some | Top stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle: "Houston Police Officer Carl Black still remembers getting ready to fight the hulking 6-foot-6, 280-pound thug who was threatening him about 17 years ago.

The suspect readied to attack as he ripped off his shirt and shouted “You're not going to take me to jail!”

Then he looked at Black's uniform, fell to his knees and gave up.

After putting him in his police car, the young officer asked why he had surrendered.

“I ain't fighting the devil,” the man said.

The suspect had caught a glimpse of Black's badge number. It was 666."

2 comments:

Dan said...

Back when I was a rookie we had a call of a mentally unstable person running amuck, about 1AM. I spotted him running across a parking lot, angled my cruiser to block his escape, got out to tackle him and quickly realized I was out of my league as his giant, hulking form hurtled nearer and nearer.

Here's the part no one believes: I opened the back door of the police car, yelled. "Quick! Hide in here!" and slammed the opens-from-the-outside-only door as soon as he was in.

Unknown said...

That's a great one for the "dumb crooks" department.