Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Teri Garr!

Teri Garr Biography - Biography.com: "Born December 11, 1949, in Los Angeles, California. The daughter of a vaudeville performer and former Rockette, Garr aspired for a career in the dramatic arts at an early age. At the age of 16, she made her professional debut with the San Francisco Ballet. Garr attended North Hollywood High School followed by California State University at Northridge, where she excelled at stage acting and dancing. While still a teenager, Garr relocated to New York City and enrolled at the famed Actors' Studio."

8 comments:

Todd Mason said...

A consistently good and charming performer, who's had some tough luck this last decade healthwise.

Paul D Brazill said...

One From The Heart. I do like TG.

Scott Cupp said...

I fell in love with Teri Garr when she was Sgt. Phyllis norton on McCloud. Then as Inga when she wanted to roll in ze hay. I was hooked! "What knockers!" "Szank you Doktor." You had me at "Roll".

Todd Mason said...

Hell, she could've had her own cult series early on if that STAR TREK Gary Seven pilot had been greenlit. She was better than the script. Often has been, from HEAD onward.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Always loved her. She was the "one" in Tootsie.

Toby O'B said...

You scared me as I was scrolling down. To see her picture in your blog... well, you're getting a reputation, sir.

So glad to have the chance anywhere to profess my love for her career and for the lady herself. I think my favorite appearance she did for TV was on Letterman's show. She spent practically the whole hour wrapped in just a towel. I think the use of a shower was involved as well.... Good times!

Cap'n Bob said...

And let's not forget the underwear commercials.

George said...

Todd's right about Teri Garr in that Gary Seven STAR TREK pilot. She was the highlight of that episode. It's a pity it wasn't spun off.