Monday, November 23, 2009

Crossroad Blues Gets a Foreword

Busted Flush Press: CROSSROAD BLUES foreword by Greil Marcus!: "Busted Flush Press's reprint of Ace Atkins's first Nick Travers crime novel, Crossroad Blues (978-1-935415-03-9; paperback; $15) -- which will ship from Consortium to booksellers beginning December 11th -- features not only an original, never-before-published Nick Travers short story ('Last Fair Deal Gone Down'), it also offers the following new foreword by renowned music journalist Greil Marcus."

Marcus is a writer whose work on music I've long enjoyed. His Mystery Train is a favorite of mine. Check out his foreword at the link.

1 comment:

Kent Morgan said...

I've read all the Atkins blues series as well his standalones and enjoyed every one. Just finished his latest based on the Fatty Arbuckle murder case. As for Marcus, I have several of his music books including Mystery Train in my collection and I've added The New Literary History of America, which he edited, to my Christmas list. That one is so big that I won't be reading it in bed.